Monday, July 10, 2006

Two Sermons??

Below are the notes I took from two sermons given at a recent national Wesleyan church convention I attended. The notes are in no way representative of the quality of the speakers or of their homilies. I can most likely give you a reasonable summary of what, at least, Glen spoke about and probably a little about what Edgar said as well.

Sometimes I just need something else to help engage me as I go. This reminds me somewhat of lectures during my first degree where an inordinate amount of poetry got written (a small amount of which was not too bad) and plenty of word games were played.

First...






Then...




.

Cheers,
Onanthelibrarian

2 comments:

Rachel said...

How did I not know this blog existed until today? With the "official" lyrics to Wesleyan Healing and these important religious documents...I need look no further! Next sermon=Hangman

...!

Jacobunny said...

Wow! Well done Rachel.

No one else I know has ever found this and I told NO-ONE about it. Not even Melissa.

You see, a while back in the days when everyone from cession first starting putting blogs together there was some pressure for me to join the gang but I totally refused and instead just used my Google account to post comments on friends' blogs. One friend even went so far as to create a blog in my name, pretended to be me, and made posts that totally went against my personal opinions in the hope that I would pick it up off him - but I never did. Instead I secretly created this BLOG to play with and told no-one else about it. As such it gets little attention from me - though i do drop by very infrequently.

OTL is the reason we didn't lose the lyrics to Wesleyan Healing. Brett was worried that we had lost them because they were only ever written in an old note pad but I had posted them here just after we first played the song.

Mad. You can feel free not to tell anyone you found this if you like or I guess you could if you wanted, but there's not much here for people to see. Brett would probably appreciate the Blog name as it relates to a conversation we had at an Easter camp about 8 years ago after a discussion session on Post-modernism and the church.

Nice. Seeyou,
OTL.